Friday, October 25, 2019

Installing Spotify on Fedora 30 using Snap Says Too Early of Operation

TL;DR: try to install then reinstall snapd before you install spotify via snap

I usually install an earlier version of Fedora to make sure everything is "more" stable than the bleeding edge. But since I got a new old-model laptop, and Fedora 31 will be out soon, I decided to break my tradition and jump on to Fedora 30.

Been using Fedora 30 on my 1st gen Razer Blade Stealth for days now and it looks like everything is 'kinda' stable. (Issues faced during set up might need another post). Then I remembered I need music, and Spotify came to mind. So, I tried installing it using Snap, as presented in Spotify's website.

So, after successfully installing snapd via DNF, creating a symbolic link of /var/lib/snapd/snap on /snap, I tried installing spotify via snap, and this is what i got:


Is it because Fedora 30 is too bleeding edge? Haha that's my first thought, at least. I uninstalled snapd because installation wouldnt budge. BUT, I read that snap is the recommended way to install. I installed it again. and got the same error message, again. Duh.

Then I saw in a post that reinstalling works. I just did a two-step of that and nothing budged. Then I tried doing a dnf reinstall snapd...

Taadaaaa... 


Music to my ears.


No comments:

Post a Comment

SSH : No matching host key type found. Their offer: ssh-rsa,ssh-dss

Got this while connecting to my mikrotik router via ssh   Unable to negotiate with <ip address> port <ssh port>: no matching hos...