Wednesday, July 13, 2011

linux: adjusting network speed using mii-tool

i started my machine on linux (Ubuntu 11.04 - Natty Narwhal) and noticed its very slow browsing speed. i remembered this problem i have when connected to this specific network wherein i have to change my network speed to get better connection.

how do you change your network speed on linux? i use mii-tool

first, i did a test ping which showed 20% packet loss

next, i checked my current network speed setting

then, i set my network speed to 10mbps and redid a test ping

tada! 0% packet loss!

now i have to figure out why my machine wouldn't budge on this network using 100mbps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SSH : No matching host key type found. Their offer: ssh-rsa,ssh-dss

Got this while connecting to my mikrotik router via ssh   Unable to negotiate with <ip address> port <ssh port>: no matching hos...