Monday, January 30, 2017

psql: symbol lookup error: psql: undefined symbol: PQsslInUse

so, i have a postgres 9.4 on a fedora 23 when fedora 25 was released. i tend to keep the second recent version of OS, so i upgraded to fedora 24 via dnf. after upgrade, my rails apps that use my postgres worked okay. that means everything is running. but when i had to connect to postgres through console, i got this:


rather than committing myself to solving it, i made do with using rails console to access my database.

a friend upgraded his ubuntu 14 to ubuntu 16 and had his rails apps set up. his postgres was working as it should. so, it's time i had to make my console access to work again.

i checked postgresql packages installed on my box, and got these:


i uninstalled postgresql 9.5 installations done by my os upgrade and left these packages:


then i got a command not found when i run psql, i searched the psql command and created a sym link to /bin/ as so:



apir! psql through console is back yep, t'was just a postgresql client-server version mismatch :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

SSH : No matching host key type found. Their offer: ssh-rsa,ssh-dss

Got this while connecting to my mikrotik router via ssh   Unable to negotiate with <ip address> port <ssh port>: no matching hos...